The 3 Amigos – Brand, Marketing & Sales
These three hats have different jobs, for micro businesses
I know your time is valuable. These show notes give you the gist if the episode, what is covered, any links or resources talked about in the show, and also gives you a few ways to listen or watch the episode.
This episode’s topic, in a nutshell…
In this solo episode, I drill down into this big topic about the different roles of brand, marketing and sales for micro businesses.
Because, let’s be honest…when its ONLY you in the business – the buck literally stops at YOU.
The challenge is being strong or brave enough to work out:
…which are those things that you are not particularly great at
…(be ok to admit it)
…then find the right people with the right skillset to help you.
In the work that I do, I get into the thick of this push-and-pull on what entrepreneurs think they are good at, WANT to be good at…but frankly are making big efficiency mistakes in their business because they are stubborn about being honest with themselves.
By gaining clarity about the differences in just the branding, marketing and sales aspects to your micro business, and which of those hats you are wearing – means that it will help you to:
- Focus your mind on what the objective is of the activity in front of you
- Highlight the type of skills needed for this activity
- Set the expectations for how to go about DOING the activity
- Direct the type and tone of action needed
I hope you enjoy this one, where I walk you through:
- my recommendation which may help with starting to identify the tasks that you really SHOULDN’T be doing (I refer you to Michael Hyatt’s Free to Focus book and ‘productivity-system-in-a-box’.)
- the three main roles which touch on my area of the world (Brand, Marketing and Sales)
- the importance of understanding which of these hats you are wearing at any one time (so you can be more effective in achieving the objective in front of you)
- being honest with yourself to know which of these three you are good at, and which you are not (so you can build a brand machine to help you in the areas that you aren’t strong in)
Michael Hyatt’s Book: Free to Focus
This is a book that I tend to gift people who are struggling with their productivity and can’t really work out how to identify what they should be doing, and what they should be delegating. Its well written and very well thought out. (Find the book on Amazon here).
Michael Hyatt’s Freedom Compass
I refer to this in the episode – so here is the graphic direct from his Free to Focus book for you:
This is a chunky, but important conversation
Did you find that clarity between brand, marketing and sales helpful for you? Will you take a pause to think which hat you are going to put on, to tackle what’s in front of you?
I’d love to know if it does make a difference. Got any questions – just drop me a message.
You can watch this episode in full colour here and now:
You can subscribe to the show here:
- On your favourite phone phone app
- By subscribing to the podcast email alerts
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Ask a question
Click the button below for a chance to have your question answered on my podcast.